Survivors

Survivors

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Word


by Steve king
©2020
All rights reserved

I trace the word, it becomes real
I breathe it to the world
and it is me
as a wind
sounding to the vaults of the earth
to stir a light within my every sense

I say and it is so
embracing now the distant things
even to the sun
brings them now to me
and I will now possess one meaning more

Dark air excites
and the quelled leaves
and the grasses
Each stone on the mountain
pebbles in the valley
waters will not then be still

I cannot know and will not care
who else may feel or see or know
or who would scoff or smile sly

And do not shrink from declination
or designs of their desires

How may I shrink from a new truth
the truth’s effect
the truth’s intent
that keeps me for an object
the light of truth
the truth of light
that even lamps the catacomb
that shall inscribe the stars

5 comments:

  1. As I was reading, I was thinking of coining a new word to express what I feel. I can taste it on the tip of my tongue waiting to be spoken for the first time. Caring not if it is in the dictionary. For me it is truth of my own design and heart.

    the light of truth
    the truth of light

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice lines: "the light of truth
    the truth of light"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this especially; "Dark air excites and the quelled leaves and the grasses reaching each stone on the mountain pebbles in the valley." 💝

    ReplyDelete
  4. This a beautiful reading and my heart soars with that last stanza. May that light be ever so brave and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The contrast between the light of truth and the fact that it only exists in the catacombs is something that scares me... great to see you Steve, a long time since last time

    ReplyDelete