Survivors

Survivors

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Your speaking moves more than the air


by Steve King
© 2020 All rights reserved

Your speaking moves more than the air, it seems.
I am, with every murmur, shaken too,
transported always where your will requires,
my wishes, resonant at every turn,
attend the lingering strains of your desire.

Much stronger than the weight of loud command,
your musings will demand obedience.
You know that I am helpless to ignore,
and every instant, as I lie in wait,
my urgent station sighs aloud for more.

Suspended like a mote in dim moonlight,
my substance cedes to rapt imaginings,
and, shedding every motive of my own,
I fall upon the pleasures you might bring,
awash, enfolded, no bright charm deferred,
to search again the truth of all your words.


For Writers' Pantry #3 : Poets and Storytellers United 

7 comments:

  1. The first stanza is especially stunning!!💝

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was especially drawn to the lines:
    ‘Much stronger than the weight of loud command,
    your musings will demand obedience’
    and
    ‘Suspended like a mote in dim moonlight,
    my substance cedes to rapt imaginings,
    and, shedding every motive of my own,
    I fall upon the pleasures you might bring’.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...every murmur... every instant.... a wonderfully personal poem of love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your title. The poem is rich with emotion, with the whisper thin edge of wanting.

    ReplyDelete